Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 1994 Yamaha 75 hp two stroke. It is fine until it…

Customer Question
Hey Pearl, I have...

Hey Pearl, I have a 1994 Yamaha 75 hp two stroke. It is fine until it hits 2100 rpm, then coughs and sputters badly. This occurs about 95% of the time and 5% it will take off and run perfectly? Cleaned the carbs and no change ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its 1994, let me get you the exact model. Just a sec.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's a C75TLRX model. About a month, cleaned the carbs and checked there is fuel flowing into the carbs when it starts miss firing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats about it. I've ruled out fuel problem, believe it to be electronic since it runs just fine every so often

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Boat
11/12/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Are you running the engine off of a portable type of fuel tank or is the fuel tank built into the boat? You wrote that you ruled out a fuel problem, did you hook up a fuel pressure gauge and monitor fuel pressure while the engine was misfiring and running poorly? Has the compression been checked yet?

It looks like you read my response and left without ever replying back. Did you still need/want help with this?