Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

We think the engine is overheating... it sounded like an oil…

Customer Question
Hi, we think the...

Hi, we think the engine is overheating... it sounded like an oil problem but the oil is fine. Last night we got stranded after coming back from dinner. The engine started smoking and then wouldn't turn off

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

We've never had any problems before; the boat is used minimally on Lake George, NY every summer. We were just using it for one last time before closing the house for the summer. We did take the boat about 25 miles down the lake and we running it at times for 40mph

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

I think that's all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Boat
10/3/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote but I do not see any kind of model information. What engine are you asking out specifically?