Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

The key is on. Ground is cut. None of the four plugs are…

Customer Question
The key is on...

The key is on. Ground is cut . None of the four plugs are firing. 1972 outboard evenruth. why aren't they firing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

1972 Evenruth. No firing of the plugs. 115 outboard.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Boat
9/30/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. What is the actual model number on the outboard?

I am not with my boat now . My evenrude is a 4 cylinder out board 1972 115. It is with a aquasport boat. help?
I will take your call.(###) ###-####
O K What now? I am Buddy Bibb 40 year Saab mechanic. I know some things. My boat may need magnitoes. I am gussing.Maybe something under the fly wheel?

Hi Buddy. I'm not available for a call at this moment. Evinrude did not make a 115 horsepower in 1972, which is why I need the model number as it reads on the ID tag just to know what it is that you have.

Maybe someone else can help me.

The first question anybody else would ask you is what the model number is ***** the engine. You do not have a 1972 Evinrude 115 because Evinrude never made one. If you can get that number I will do what I can to help. If the number is ***** or you do not have it, then nobody here will be able to help you, and you would have to take it in to a shop.

I don" know where the # is on my 115 Evinrude 1972. do I have to take it into a shop to get the model # off the motor?
On the motor cover of my 1972 boat 4 cylinder 2cycle outboard it is 115. 115 . would like to see a picture of it? would like to see a picture of the motor under the cover.
once before I had to replace two of the magnitos.
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 9 months ago

Again Evinrude did not make a 115 horsepower engine in 1972. I would need a model number on the engine just to know what you have. If you do not have a model number then I simply will not be able to help you here.

do you want a picture
why can't you send me the location of the model #
is the model # stamped on the motor
I have pictures on my Iphone
I had the motor running then it just quit
do you have my #(###) ###-####

The model number would be on a sticker on the clamp bracket portion of the outboard. Where the outboard bolts to the back of the boat.

Please opt Out
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** yuo still require assistance on the engine?