Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have 2 volvo penta 5.0 GXI - E in my boat. One of this has…

Customer Question
Hello! I have 2...

Hello! I have 2 volvo penta 5.0 GXI - E in my boat. One of this has an issue in starting since last august. First I had a problen with the alternator which was changed, then the High-pressure fuel pump had a humidity problem in the electric wires contacts. After that when I thought everything was ok I had another problem with the ignition coil and I changed it. The engine started twice then I could not start it anymore. I suspect a problem with Humidity. Perhaps I have to change sparks and cables

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

The mechanic used the right engine's parts to see if the left engine started, and the problem seemed solved when He changed the coil.... But after installing a new ignition coil the engine started twice and no more...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 3 days by:
10/3/2017
Marine Mechanic: Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast

Hi, still looking for help on this?

Dominick
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic