Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 1989 Mercury 90 hp. I just took it out for the

Customer Question
I have a 1989...

I have a 1989 Mercury 90 hp. I just took it out for the first time and it ran great at full throttle for a hour. After I shut it off and re-started it was bogging down when I throttled up. I was able to idle for a while and after 10 minutes of wanting to bog down when i throttled up It started running good again. An then it was bogging down again at the boat ramp?? Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

When I was pulling it up on the trailer is was dying when i throttled up. Same as it was earlier in the day.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Boat
9/28/2017
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Do you have the serial number for the engine?

I can get it for you later today. I don’t have it with me.

Thats fine. There are no time limits here. I will be on for most of the rest of the day.