Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

2007 sea ray sundeck boat. All of a sudden the horn, bilge…

Customer Question
2007 sea ray sundeck boat...
2007 sea ray sundeck boat. All of a sudden the horn, bilge blower, and fresh water pump stopped working..i checked the fuses under the helm, they all are good..what am i missing here?Thanks jerome
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Boat
9/27/2017
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

There will be a main fuse for the boat with in 1 foot of either the battery or the battery switch for the boat. Make sure that it is still good. If your model uses the soft touch switch panel, check to see that it is getting power to it using a multimeter. If it is, the panel is bad. To get you the part number for it, I will need to know which length your Sundeck is.

In that red/blue wire there is a fuse holder. The black tube. Is that fuse still good?

Oh ok..i didnt realize that was another one..i will check that asap thx!

Your welcome. I hope that it is the issue. It should be at least a 20 if not a 30A for the boat.

Hi Charles,Took me a while to get the time to get back on the issue. I found the fuse you were talking about. It wasnt blown, but the glass was broken. And one of the metal tips escaped me when i was trying to pry it out if the fuse casing so i couldnt tell the rating. The other metal end had no info. From the size of the filament, it seemed to be a 3amp fuse though. I had purchased an assortment, and eyeing it up it seemed that was the match. You mentioned 30 amp, so im not sure if that was even the correct fuse to be in there. However after replacing it i still have no power. I have tested the connector inside the fuse holder for continuity yet, but i did open it, put the fuse in the end going to the electronics and touched the top of the fuse to the positive on the battery, and got nothing. So im wondering should i cut out the fuse holder and replace the whole thing? Because at this point im not sure whats left? Also wondering if the horn, blige blower, and fresh water pump are normally all on the same circuit?

I would replace that fuse holder due to the corrosion in it. You can use the one on the attached page with the 10G wire.

The power source for all these circuits is the same, it is in the fuse holder that is under the helm where it is split into the separate circuits.

https://www.delcity.net/store/Inline-Waterproof-Fuse-Holders/p_800394.h_800395

Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic