Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

2002 Mercury 75 hp Motor seems to not get fuel. have fuel to…

Customer Question
2002 Mercury 75 hp...

2002 Mercury 75 hp Motor seems to not get fuel. have fuel to fuel pump & replaced diaphragm. engine will start & keep running as long as I keep hitting the choke. dies without using choke.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Have fuel to & thru fuel pump & I also replaced the pump diaphragm. Engine runs as lom

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

Ng as I keep pushing the choke every time it runs out of fuel. Also the filter is clean took off & blew it out as well.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Boat
9/26/2017
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Do you have the serial number of the engine handy?

How long has the engine been sitting unused?