Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

1996 volvo 4.3 and the fuel pump circut trips when i start…

Customer Question
1996 volvo 4.3 and...

1996 volvo 4.3 and the fuel pump circut trips when i start the boat

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Boat will almost turn over then on the second try i find the fuel pump circut has triped

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Boat
9/27/2017
Marine Mechanic: Noel Schembri, Marine Technician replied 10 months ago
Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. It seems like the fuel pump is shorted and thus tripping the circuit breaker or else you have a short in the wiring. What you need to do to diagnose is to remove the fuel pump connector from the pump and try to start. If the breaker does not trip then basically you need to replace the pump. If on the otherhand it still trips then the problem is with the wiring and you would need to follow the wiring back and check for any shorts / loose connections .

If you require further assistance let me know.

Noel