Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 1992 v4 2 stroke outboard. the VRO pump isn't

Customer Question
I have a 1992...

I have a 1992 v4 2 stroke outboard. the VRO pump isn't working. I am running on 1/50 oil/gas mixture. How do I repair the VRO pump?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

The motor is a 1992 90hp Johnson. The VRO pump isn't working. How do I repair that?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

It failed after I ran out of gas, and when I added more gas, it started but the VRO pump didn't work.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Boat
9/24/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. What you would do is replace the pump with a new one. I can look up the part number for you. What is the model number on the outboard?

Hi Jason
The motor is a Johnson 1992 90hp Model VJ90TLEND Serial # 03096342

Hi Ron. Got it. The fuel pump is part number 0175107. ​You can punch that number into google if you want to price shop around for it. I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Please note that our question sessions never close out, so if you need to come back later down the road with follow up questions to the issue, you can do so at any time, even after putting through a rating.

Thanks in advance, and good luck
Jason

Hi Ron. It looks like you read my answer and left without selecting a rating for my service, replying back, or simply thanking me. Was there something else?