Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

We have a boat that has a mercruiser alpha one I/o the cover

We have a boat that has a mercruiser alpha one I/o the cover on the carb says 230 v8. we need a wiring diagram for the kill switch because the boat runs with the kill switch in off position, doe
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: We just bought this boat and are In the processs of getting it in good running condition. All of a sudden after disconnecting the kill switch wires, the boat has decided not to turn over. We think the starter solenoid just went out.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Does your boat have one of those lanyards clips on it that you would pull to shut the engine down?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.

If you pull that switch out there should only be 2 wires connected to it, both of which are purple. Is that what you have or do you have something different?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
No. Right now we aren't going to do anything. Thanks for your time.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Please note that our question sessions never close out, so if you need to come back later down the road with follow up questions to the issue, you can do so at any time, even after putting through a rating.

Thanks in advance, and good luck
Jason