Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I just purchased a 18' four wins ski boat with a 4.3 Volvo…

Customer Question
I just purchased a 18'...
I just purchased a 18' four wins ski boat with a 4.3 Volvo inboard motor is there a trick to starting it cold , has not been cranked in awhile , motor has less than 10 hours on it
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 day by:
9/24/2017
Marine Mechanic: Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast

Sorry for the delay. If the boat has old gas in it you are going to need to drain/pump it out. It may start on old fuel but if it's more than 6 months old it will have lost enough octane to ruin the engine. If it starts and runs and you get fresh fuel in it then you may be fine.