Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2013 75 hp Optimax with damaged pcm.New it's very…

Customer Question
Hi,I have a 2013 75...
Hi,I have a 2013 75 hp Optimax with damaged pcm.New it's very expensive and used so far I can only find a 2013 115 hp and 2008 75 hp pcm's .Which one you think may work
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Boat
9/22/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hi Daniel, my name is***** read what you wrote. Everything is done by serial number, and not year. What is the serial number on your outboard?

serial 2B015390. model 75 ELPT Optimax. The pcm # 8M0075626

Got it. I'm looking it up and I get 8M0075943 for a part number. Where are you getting 8M0075626 from?

Right after the pcm sticker.I have a picture of the pcm but I don't know how to attach it

C​lick this link, this will explain how to upload pictures - http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

It's not going to work ,I am on the road and I'm using my cell

Oh okay, yeah this website doesn't work correctly on cell phones. It only works correctly on actual computers.

I know the part # are different depending on serial# ***** this engine is been the same for many years and the 1.5 l block it is used for 75 to 115 hp
Also the pcm was charged on 2009,my question is if the 2008 pcm for 75 hp will work on my 2013 75 hp

Nothing is done by year, it's done by serial number. I would need either the part number or the serial number on that 2008 75 in order to look up and see if the ECM's are interchangeable or not. Do you have the serial number for that 2008 engine, or the part number on that 2008 ECM? Is this like an EBAY ad or something?

the 2 pcm are in eBay if you want to look at the stickers for # it will probably be easier 75 hp item 232415546367, 115 hp item 172679635592 and if you want I can text or email the pic of my pcm which has all the # the same except one

The one for the 115 (or any other horsepower other than 75) definitely will not work. That other one for the 75 works is for engine serial numbers 1b417702 through 1b456809. The only ECM that will work with your engine is part number 8M0075943. I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Please note that our question sessions never close out, so if you need to come back later down the road with follow up questions to the issue, you can do so at any time, even after putting through a rating.

Thanks in advance, and good luck
Jason

I believe that I saw 8M0075943 on the parts book but this # it's not on my pcm how you explain that ?

The number on your ECM, the number you gave me, is some kind of misprint or something. If you go to google and type in 8M0075943 ​which is the part number I gave you, you will get over 4000 hits that are all online shops looking to sell the ECM. This part number comes from the Mercury dealer network, so the only way I can be wrong is if the network is wrong, which isn't likely. If you do the same thing and punch in the part number you have, 8M0075943, you get nothing. Nada. Zip. Not 1 hit or result. So that can only mean it's either a misprint or you read the number wrong. Either way, 8M0075943 ​is what comes up when I look the part up, and I've been looking up parts for 25 years.

It looks like you read my answer and left without selecting a rating for my service, replying back, or simply thanking me. Was there anything else?

I didn't left I just need to do more research because I am sure there are more than one pcm will work on this motor.1.5 liter engine same for 3 hp outboards.I already found 2 others pcm #superseding the 8M0075943 thank you for trying to help but you didn't answer my question