Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

Smartcraft code 42, continous alarm, codes 42,82,75,104,131

smartcraft code 42 JA: Sometimes things...
smartcraft code 42
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: continous alarm
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: codes 42,82,75,104,131
9/21/2017
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Which engine do you have specifically? Mercury engines are cataloged by serial number, I will need that number to know what you have. I will also need to know which smartcraft gauge you have as well.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im Gil, Im working on a 2006 Mercury 150 optimax with smartcraft technology. I need a flowchart for each of the codes, I cant find it anywhere on the internet. I have a continous alarm with codes 42,82,75,104,131 retrieved from a Rinda scan tool

Hi Gil. Did you get the code numbers themselves through the smartcraft gauge or through Rinda?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Through the Rinda, The gauges do not have the capability for code retrieval
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
im checking for water in the fuel now

Which Rinda do you have, the techmate tool or Diacom?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
techmate, I jumped the oil resivior sensor to bypass and eleminate a bad sensor and no change, The engine temp was at 150 deg at operating temp. The water pressure is at 1.5 at idle and 5 psi throttled up. The tell tail has good flow out of the back of the engine also

Those code numbers are assigned by Rinda, and not by Mercury, which is why you can not find anything on them. What does each code number say in regards ***** ***** text description?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
dang! I didnt write it down Ill have to retrieve them again.
stand by!

Okay i'll be here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok I just located a wire that was rubbed through on one of the temp sensors im fixing it now,,

Okay so are you all set?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the alarm is off and the codes cleared

Glad to hear it. I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Please note that our question sessions never close out, so if you need to come back later down the road with follow up questions to the issue, you can do so at any time, even after putting through a rating.

Thanks in advance, and good luck
Jason

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic