Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Needs repower,? Max engine wt.for 18' Starcraft American,

Needs repower Mechanic's Assistant:...

Needs repower

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

? Max engine wt.for 18' Starcraft American

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

Original engine 135hp. evenrude overheating can't get apart

9/21/2017
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote but I do not see any kind of model information other that "StarCraft American". What is the year of the boat? What is the length?

1974 18' American
Jim
orriginal eng. 1973 135hp evirude overheating cant getapart to check thermostat and valve.replaced water pump
looking at new motors. What is max usable wt.?
Thanks Jason

Hi Jim, good morning. I do apologize for the delay. I live in South Florida and the internet has been cutting in and out since Irma came through. I lost my connection last night. Boat spec's are not done by weight, they are done by horsepower. Which engine were you thinking of installing on this boat?

60hp Honda or Yamaha
Thanks jo

Oh okay, either one of those would be fine. The boat itself is rated for 150 horsepower. The average 2 stroke 150 weights in the ballpark of 400 to 425lbs. You could install a pair of 60's if you wanted to and still be just fine. Does that all make sense. I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Please note that our question sessions never close out, so if you need to come back later down the road with follow up questions to the issue, you can do so at any time, even after putting through a rating.

Thanks in advance, and good luck
Jason

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic