Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

How does the airation system work on my crestliner, I don't…

How does the airation...

How does the airation system work on my crestliner

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

I don't know how it works in relation to my live well pump , is it the same pump , I have a 2000 1700 superhawk

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

No that's all I need to know

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2017
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Typically if you have 2 switches, there are two pumps for the system. If you have a 3 way valve mounted on the side near the driver seat, then you will have only 1 pump and operating that valve will select which you are going to do, fill, aerate, or drain.

I only have 1 pump and switch only turns on fill option

Then it is self aerating. Im guessing that there is an overflow tube inside the well?

there is

Ok, when you set your pump to the timer side of the switch, it will turn on and off through out the day keeping the well full and aerated. Thus keeping the fish alive by always bringing in fresh water for them.

Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Ok, thanks I will try that

Your very welcome. Please let me know of you have any other questions on this issue.

Ok shall do have a good evening

Thanks, ***** *****