Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

50 hp mercury power trim doesn't work, the pump turns on but…

Customer Question
50 hp mercury power...

50 hp mercury power trim doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

The pump turns on but doesn't move its stuck in the up position

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

I don't think so

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Boat
9/20/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Mercury outbaords are cataloged by serial number. I will need that number just so I can see what you have. Next, what is the history on this outboard? How long has it been up for? When was the last time it came down? Have you down anything on your own yet to troubleshoot this issue?