Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Have a E70tlcem 70 hp That the relays keep just clicking…

Hi James have a E70tlcem 70...
Hi James have a
E70tlcem 70 hp
That the relays keep just clicking when the up down is pushed
Checked fuse and power all grounds and power wires at batteries and cylinoid connections
9/18/2017
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. I don't see any kinds of questions. Are you asking how to test the trim system or was there something else?

Need to raise the motor, relays are just clicking

Did you just need to raise it so you can trailer it someplace, or are you trying to troubleshoot the problem yourself?

Get it to someone
Truer to put the jumpers on the up relay from 87-30 and on lower relay form 87a-30
And no movement
Got it

In the diagram locate #66 (it's located center down low in the picture). #66 is a manual relief screw. On your outboard that screw is accessed via a hole in the right hand clamp bracket portion of the outboard. All you need to do is back that screw out 2 to 3 turns. This will relieve the hydraulic pressure in the tilt ram. From here you can lift it up by hand, and then set the outboard on it's trailering lock. Does that all make sense. I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Please note that our question sessions never close out, so if you need to come back later down the road with follow up questions to the issue, you can do so at any time, even after putting through a rating.

Thanks in advance, and good luck
Jason

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic