Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I hooked my battery up backwards by accident and now the…

Customer Question
I hooked my battery...

I hooked my battery up backwards by accident and now the engine is dead. I hope I can fix it by replacing a fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Simply I hooked the negative engine wire to the plus side of the battery and the plus engine wire to the negative side of the battery. It's 115 hp mercury 4 stroke outboard. I was in a hurry and just got careless.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Boat
9/18/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Mercury outboards are cataloged by serial number. I will need that number in order to know exactly what you have.

Will get serial number. I believe my problem is a blown fuse. Need instructions on finding fuse box and how to open it. Serial number is ***** 2006 115ELPT 4S
I got the thing fixed on my own by changing the faulty fuse. I really haven't seen any answers to my question. Keep the 5 dollar deposit, but I think you ought to refund my 26 dollars.
I never herd anything back after your serial number request.

Sorry for the delay. When you replied back last night I had already logged off for the night, and I didn't get back in today until 1/2 an hour ago. You can contact customer service at***@******.*** about your deposit.