Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a mercury venado 200 outboard. The model got

Customer Question
I have a mercury...

I have a mercury venado 200 outboard. The model got overheated because of the water intake got clogged with mud. It did unclog and cooled but now it will nit get over 3000 rpm before shutting down

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

What other information would be useful?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

No, it was running great before this a

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 day by:
9/18/2017
Marine Mechanic: Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast

HI, sorry for the delay. Is the engine stalling when you get to 3000 rpm, or is it just not going past 3000?

It is stalling. Also beeping goes off like I am getting a warning. So, when the boat stop, I can throttle up to go but again it stalls out when it gets to about 3000 rpm.
I did not have the problem before. Just seem to occur after I had the overheating experience the day before. The motor is about 5-1/2 years old. Was in good shape/ not a lot of hours.

H​I, the fuel pump on your engine is basically water cooled. It may still be clogged in there and overheating under load conditions, otherwise the overheat may have damaged it and it can no longer maintain pressure. Do you by any chance have a fuel pressure gauge?

Dominick
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic