Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I havelem could be?ole. have any ideas what my prob a 1997…

Customer Question
I havelem could be?ole...

I havelem could be?ole. have any ideas what my prob a 1997 Johnson 60 hp 2 stroke engine on my pontoon boat. I recently replaced the water pump and thermostat on it. When I take it out for a run in the bay after only a few minutes the temp alarm comes on even though it is spitting water out the pee h

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

When I run the motor while in the slip tied up at 2000 and 3000 rpm for 15 0r 20 minutes the alarm doesn't come on, but as soon as I take boat for a ride it comes on

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Boat
9/15/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Does the boat have a temp gauge on it, or just the lights?

no temp guage just light and alarm. My name is Marcel

I tried to accept the call request but the system says that there was a problem with your account, and it would not authorize the call. Did you want to get that worked out or did you want to stay in web chat?

cancel my question
taking it to local boat mechanic

Are you sure?