Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I need to change a running light. I unscrewed the chrome…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change a running light. I unscrewed the chrome cover, but the unit is still solidly attached to the hull. How do I get it off?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Sea Ray 470 needs a side running light changed. I cannot get the plastic cover off to change the bulb.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Boat
9/14/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Can you take a picture of the running light so I can see exactly which style you have?

John I will when I get to my boat. I will send in about 45 min. It is a 2015 Sea Ray 470 Sundancer.

Hi John. Okay no problems. There are no time limits here. Just reply back once you have a picture and we will go from there.

I WAS ABLE TO FIX THE LIGHT MYSELF.

Glad to hear it. Happy boating! -Jason