Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

How do i reset fuel on 2 year old 1350, On the dash i can

Customer Question

How do i reset fuel on 2 year old 1350
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: On the dash i can reset fuel guage when full so i know when to refill. I have never been taught and nothing in handbook.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 1 month ago.

H​I, sorry for the delay. What kind of boat are we talking about please? Year, make, model?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2016 1350 mercruiser QC4V sterndrive. Came with a dash shows fuel guage but when I fill up I don't know how to reset?
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 1 month ago.

See the attached illustration, this is the standard reset procedure for fuel used on Smartcraft gauges.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know what smartcraft gauges are mine comes with engine and leg and is a mercury race package. My guage looks nothing like the one you are showing me.
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 1 month ago.

Do you by any chance have a pic of the display? There are several versions that can be installed with those and it will make it easier to find the instructions for you. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not at the moment its at the mechanics interstate.