Matthew John
Matthew John, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Marine Technician, Certified in MERCRUISER AND MERCURY OUTBOARDS (Current), EVINRUDE, SUZUKI, YAMAHA, HONDA.
99593677

Have 50 tohatsu tldi brand new. Getting high continous beep.

Have 50 tohatsu tldi brand new. Getting high continous beep. No li ghts on tiller. What could trigger the beep?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Not much more to say. Motor runs fine but this bbepcontinous
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No

Hi my name is***** to Just Answer ! I will be assisting you.

Is this occurring only at Full Speed? If so, it will be the RPM limiter. Since you have a tiller model, there's probably no Tacho, but if you are hitting around the 6000 RPM mark, you are activating the RPM limiter, and triggering the constant beep with NO light /LED activation. Then this can indicate underpropping.

Please let me know if this sounds like what is happening and if you would like further assistance.

Regards,