Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I would like to replace my computer on my 60 hp mercury

Customer Question

i would like to replace my computer on my 60 hp mercury motor to boost the hp to 115 hp is this possible?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: right now i have a 22' foot pontoon boat with the 60 hp on it and its adog with 5 people
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 1 month ago.

H​I, what year is your 60 hp and do you by any chance have a serial number? I'll see what I can find out for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will reply tomorrow boat not here.
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 1 month ago.

O​kay, let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I spoke to a mercury mechanic today and there is no possible way to turn a 60 hp into a 115 hp.
Cases for a 40/50 and 60 hp motors are much smaller then the 115 to150 hp motors.so I do not need your advice and would like my money back.