TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Mechanic
Experience:  Former Kawasaki pwc tech. current Honda pwc tech.
8313095

I have a aquatrax Honda f 12 dohc 4 stroke 2002 I would like

Customer Question

i have a aquatrax Honda f 12 dohc 4 stroke 2002 I would like to know why the oil is being sucked up into the airbox
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: the airbox is sucking up oil. some is going to the floor of the jet ski and some into the throttle bodies. so i am burning through like 2 quarts of oil in about 4 hours
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: when i am using the jet ski you can really smell the oil burning
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When running you can smell oil burning and it went through 2 quarts of oil in 3 houra
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 month ago.

The most common reason is the oil level is overfilled. This is a dry sump motor with a remote oil tank. You must check the oil level after the engine has been run for 10 minutes and the oil level in the tank has stabilized.

If you are checking the oil level correctly then the next most likely cause is a poor seal on the piston rings.

Please leave a positive star rating so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can return at any time and add a reply if you find you need further assistance with this problem.