Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My son's 33' sea Ray's starboard engine won't start. It ran

Customer Question

My son's 33' sea Ray's starboard engine won't start. It ran fine leaving the dock, but after anchoring for about 4 hrs, it was hard starting then after about a minute it quit and wouldn't restart. Got back to the dock on one engine. Replaced the coil, but seems like no power going to coil. Engine will turn over but won't start. Any suggestion ?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Seems normal, but won't start
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: 1999, sorry don't know many details
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Gas is flowing to pressure valve, checked distributor cap ( some corrosion on contacts and gasket was cracked.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? What is the model and or serial number on the engine in the boat?