Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

Just took, Just took 2012 VX Cruiser Waverunner out, it had

Customer Question

Just took
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Just took 2012 VX Cruiser Waverunner out, it had been off lift and pulled up to shore waiting to take out. It showed zero mph while running on lake a little before taking out. rpms were showing going up and down, but just "0 mph" on.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: it was working last time I had it out, but its been a few weeks. I did not change the panel myself
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have it out on trailer now, at home. Started up for a few seconds and hit the control panel, but don't know how to do it off water, stopped it real quick because know you're not suppose to run it
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 1 month ago.

L​ook for a little wheel near the back of the ride plate under the ski. It likely has some debris or something sticking in it. Free it up and your speedo should be back.