Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Just took, Just took 2012 VX Cruiser Waverunner out, it had…

Customer Question
Just took 2012 VX...

Just took 2012 VX Cruiser Waverunner out, it had been off lift and pulled up to shore waiting to take out. It showed zero mph while running on lake a little before taking out. rpms were showing going up and down, but just "0 mph" on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

It was working last time I had it out, but its been a few weeks. I did not change the panel myself

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Boat
I have it out on trailer now, at home. Started up for a few seconds and hit the control panel, but don't know how to do it off water, stopped it real quick because know you're not suppose to run it
Answered in 1 day by:
9/12/2017
Marine Mechanic: Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast

L​ook for a little wheel near the back of the ride plate under the ski. It likely has some debris or something sticking in it. Free it up and your speedo should be back.