Matthew John
Matthew John, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Marine Technician, Certified in MERCRUISER AND MERCURY OUTBOARDS (Current), EVINRUDE, SUZUKI, YAMAHA, HONDA.
99593677

I put an HDS 9 gen3 at my helm and moved my HDS 8 gen 2 to

Customer Question

I put an HDS 9 gen3 at my helm and moved my HDS 8 gen 2 to the bow
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: I put an HDS 9 gen3 at my helm and moved my HDS 8 gen 2 to the bow
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: the question is can I use my structure scan hd hub with a 000-12568-001HDI transducer for my trolling motor
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Matthew John replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** to Just Answer ! I will be assisting you.

Good question! I will do my best!

Thanks for providing the part number of the transducer in question! From this, I understand that the Total Scan Transducer is from the original set-up of the HDS 8.

To directly answer your question; No, the Structure Scan Hub is busy taking up the Dual Inputs (On the bottom of hub) from the Structure Scan split plugs. The top (Yellow) plugs of the HUB use an Ethernet cable 1 from the HDS 8 and 1 from the HDS 9.

So, I understand your question and what you wish to achieve since you have hardware lying around doing nothing...

I would set up your Total Scan Transducer onto the troll motor, plug it into the back of the HDS 8. Then you will need to go into the Sonar settings and check the boxes to make it recognisable if it has not automatically.

Please let me know if this is the track you are going down or if I have misunderstood the question in order for me to direct you in the right path.

Regards,

Hi there,

Just a quick follow-up to see how you went...

Please don't hesitate to let me know of any concerns you may have in the future!

Be sure to hit my Star Rating ! ! ! ! !

All the best!!!