Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

I have a furuno 8050 d. it is about 30 yrs. old and is on my

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** have a furuno 8050 d . it is about 30 yrs. old and is on my commercial crab boat. i live on the chesapeake bay. it turns on and the scanner rotates but none of the touch buttons work. where can i have it repaired and must i take it off the boat or will they come to the boat. it has a new magnatron new scaner motor and new sled.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: the screen lights up but no picture. and i cant change any of the settings
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 1 month ago.

Hi Don, the sales and service dealer for Furuno on the Chesapeake is Eastern Marine in Baltimore. I know they have mobile service, but it might be costly. Give them a call at(###) ###-####and see what they can do.