Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Just bought the boat.I have aside throttle control. Not sure…

Customer Question
Just bought the boat.I...

Just bought the boat.I have aside throttle control. Not sure how to get it in gear.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

I cannot move the t bar lever forward or backwards to put it into gear. The red section on the lever handle does not depress.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

I am only testing it with the hose attached, not actually in the water.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Boat
9/10/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote but I do not see any kind of model information. What engine/shifter are you asking about?