Matthew John
Matthew John, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Marine Technician, Certified in MERCRUISER AND MERCURY OUTBOARDS (Current), EVINRUDE, SUZUKI, YAMAHA, HONDA.
99593677

I bought 2 new Yamaha vx deluxe PWC. Both have around 10.5

Customer Question

I bought 2 new Yamaha vx deluxe PWC. Both have around 10.5 hrs. They are actually due for their first service at 10hrs per maintenance book. But temperature changing..I live in Georgia. Just wondering if I should get them winterized already...?? Or do I have a little time still?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Matthew John replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** to Just Answer ! I will be assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm kinda clueless at all this so just trying to make sure I don't screw anything up.

You definitely have time there in Georgia! I would follow your maintenance plan set out by the manufacturers conditions for warranty, but they are very reasonable and have some flexibility. It will probably be outlined in your owners manual to have the first service done by a Yamaha dealer at the 10hr mark to change oil and filters... I wouldn't go much over 20hrs to do this. Being in Georgia, I wouldn't even bother winterising it until you are definitely sure you won't use them for extensive periods... I am guessing you will be using them on and off all year round, so won't even bother winterising...

Let's know if you would like more info and discuss further...

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm taking them in for the 10hr service today. Just wondering how cold .....it needs to be before I worry about winterizing?

Oh, hey. In that case, i would be taking advice from the dealer about it for sure, but just to give you some confidence about it... I would only winterise when your street turns to ice. Outside of that, it's just a marketing thing to sell winterisation products. I've been to Georgia before it's not that cold for prolonged periods, but you have a lot of time to be asking this again and I will be here to answer anything for you in the future!

Regards,

Please don't hesitate to let me know of any concerns you may have in the future!

Be sure to hit my Star Rating ! ! ! ! !

All the best!!!