Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

1988 OMC MARINE 2.3 LITER FORD CAMSHAFT HAVE BEEN TOLD IT IS

Customer Question

1988 OMC MARINE 2.3 LITER FORD CAMSHAFT HAVE BEEN TOLD IT IS OBSOLETE IS THERE A SUTIBALE REPLACEMENT OR POSSIBLE REGRIND
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: THERE IS FLAKING ON LOBES
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: I DETECTED A NOISE I GUESS KIND OF RATTLE NOCKING AT IDLE NOT A SOLID NOCKING AS IN ROD ,SOUNDED LIKE IN FRONT UPPER VALVE COVER EXPECTING MAYBE COLLAPESD LIFTER REMOVED COVER DISCOVERED FLAKEING OF CAM LOBES HAVE NO IDEAL OF ENGINE HOURS
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 1 month ago.

Hi sorry for the delay, the camshaft you can use is a Comp Cams 70-115-6​ . It has the proper duration and rpm range to work in your boat engine. They are available from outlets like Summit Racing.