Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

I have a ray marine dsm 300 which is no longer working the

Customer Question

i have a ray marine dsm 300 which is no longer working the unit led display shows nothing .is there any way for me to test the power cable or is this indicative of a burned out unit needing replacement the unit is from 2005. thanks
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 1 month ago.

H​ello, sorry for the delay. You need access to the module itself and then disconnect the power plug from the unit (see diagram). Check for voltage across two of the pins. There is also a grounding pin for RF interference.