Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

I have a 2016 Suzuki DF150. Just had 20 hour service. I

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Suzuki DF150. Just had 20 hour service. I tried to put the motor up on the tilt stand but it wouldn't go up far enough. I had to loosen the manual screw and push it up. problem is it wont go up far enough for me to release the tilt lock unless I did it by hand. once the motor was down, the tilt seemed to work. is there a tilt limit or is there an adjustment on the tilt lock?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 1 month ago.

HI, it sounds like your tilt fluid level may be a bit low and the pump doesn't have enough in it to fully raise the engine. There should be a fill hole on the side of the reservoir where you can check the level. It should be right to the edge of the hole when the engine is in the down position.