Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

It has become very difficult for me to hoist the sail to my

Customer Question

It has become very difficult for me to hoist the sail to my older Dyer dhow since the rope forming the forward part of the sail binds on its way up the mast. Is there any way in which a lubricant can be applied either to that rope or to the groove in the mast up which it travels? And if so what type of lubricant should I try? Thanks, ***** *****
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No. That summarizes my main problem.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 1 month ago.

HI, sorry for the delay. I really like Sailkote. http://mclubemarine.com/sailkote/​ It works on virtually everything on a sailboat that needs to move and will last quite a while. Use it sparingly at first, a little goes a long way.