Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Is a Sea Ray Sundeck 5.0 Mercruiser, Bravo III engine big

Customer Question

Is a Sea Ray Sundeck 5.0 Mercruiser, Bravo III engine big enough to pull a skier up with 4 people in that boat?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Looking to purchase a used Sea Ray Sundeck 5.0 Mercruiser, Bravo III and want to make sure that engine is big enough to pull a skiier
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: nope , simple and straight forward question
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Tan. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and will reply momentarily.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

This all depends on how the boat is loaded. Look at the capacity plate are you exceeding the capacity of the rating on the plate. This includes people and gear.

The engine has plenty of power to get the boat on plane and run at full throttle without a skier and 2 people correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Ok then the only thing that will affect performance is weight. Pulling a skier with 4 people on the boat can be difficult as the boat is carrying a full load. So pulling a skier can be difficult to get the boat on plane. If everybody is in the back of the boat this will make getting on plane pulling a skier harder. Try getting some of the people to move around on the boat. This will sometimes balance the load and work better.

Does this make sense?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks
Expert:  Tan replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome..

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Thank you.....Tan