Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

Water in engines how do I get it out on 2000 Yamaha xr1800

Customer Question

Water in engines how do I get it out on 2000 Yamaha xr1800 jetboat
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Water coming out of sparkplug holes
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for the delay. If you already have the plugs out, crank each engine till no more water can be seen coming out. Then fog the cylinders really well with a spray fogging oil or WD40. After that replace the plugs and try and get the engines started ASAP. Let them run for a while to get to operating temperature (use a hose on land ideally). I also like to fog them again after running before storage, just to get any remaining moisture out of the way.