Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

I just purchased a 2007 wellcraft 252 coastal, I can't get

Customer Question

Hi,I just purchased a 2007 wellcraft 252 coastal, I can't get the step lights to work,everything else is powered up. Also in the stern of the boat ,port side under the gunwal what is that hose connection for, does it flush the Yamaha 250. ? Thank you
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 1 month ago.

H​I, the step lights should be controlled by the courtesy light switch. You may have a wiring diagram that came with the boat, if you have the paperwork. It may show the connection point for the lights, if there is no power to them. The water inlet should be for connecting to city water supply, so you don't need to run your fresh water pump to use the sinks, etc.