Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

My 50HP Honda four stroke bounces when in reverse. I doesn't

My 50HP Honda four stroke bounces when in reverse. I doesn't have any visible leaks and holds tight in any position. My best guess is that it has become low on fluid somehow. Could I be on the right track?

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

With the trim unit bouncing, this is going to be a sticking check valve or relief valve inside the trim unit. To repair this, it would take removing the trim unit from the engine and then a total rebuild of the unit. Only by cleaning all of the valves in the unit will you ensure that you get the correct one cleaned out and that it will hold.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, Charles

Your very welcome. Glad to help.