Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a2001 75HP mercury 2stroke ran good on the trailer

I have a2001 75HP mercury 2stroke ran good on the trailer for the first time be for going into the water . Put it in the water ran fine going out at a slow ldle but when I open it up on power .So I ran the fuel out of the carbs changed the fuel filter and tried fresh fuel but I have the same proplem.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I have had the engine for five years and always run the fuel out of it when not in use have never changed the plugs the boat does not get used very much the plugs are different they are NGK they only have a electrod and no way to gap them.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Would you please pot the serial number of the engine?

How long was the engine sitting?