Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My boat won't start nothing no clicking nothing. Battery

Customer Question

My boat won't start nothing no clicking nothing. Battery tested good so alternator is not th e problem check fuses and no loose wires. May be the starter or maybe the switch. What can I test for and how?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: OMC 4.6 Cobra engine in a I/O boat 1988 I think.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Do you have a hand held volt meter and do you know how to take voltage measurements? Do you also have a pair of car jumper cables?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mike is the name, no on volt yes on jumpers
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are we done?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

H​I Mike. I do apologize for delays in between replies but you are not the only person I am helping.

Without a voltmeter there isn't anything we can test together in order to find out what your problem is. How is it I can help you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Okay good luck.