Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My 4.3 volvo has never got up over 100 degrees. has new

Customer Question

my 4.3 volvo has never got up over 100 degrees. has new gauge and top therostat (not fresh water system) is it supposed to have two therostats? I don't see how the top
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: thermostat can get hot with out a regular one in the top of
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tan. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and will reply momentarily.

Expert:  Tan replied 2 months ago.

There is only 1 t-stat. Have you checked the engine temperature with a IR temp gun? You could have a bad temp sending unit.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have check it with an IR gun and its cold, the top thermostat just blocks off the cooling to the manifolds
I think it need one where the conventional one goes
Expert:  Tan replied 2 months ago.

Could I get the complete engine model number please?