Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

We have a 2012 starcraft deck boat and we have 1/2 of it

Customer Question

we have a 2012 starcraft deck boat and we have 1/2 of it without electrical power can not find the problem that is causing this. Our passenger side front lights and marine lights aren't working but the driver side is.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

What this sounds like it is going to be is a bad/loose ground connection on that side of the boat. The power to these lights comes from different switches, but the grounds all tie together. The fail point will be before it joins into the grounds on the drivers side. I would remove the front and the marine light from the front of the boat and check to ensure that the black wires are all connected. If you have an anchor locker in the bow, the wiring will most likely be running thru there as well and I would look there for a break in the black wires as well.