Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

Have a seafood 2000 god. Just install a new fuel pump and it

Customer Question

Have a seafood 2000 god. Just install a new fuel pump and it will not start. It will not go into diagnostic mode
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: New battery, new fuel pump, engine will crank but not start. Not getting startup beeps when inserting key. Not getting any dianostic
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Had it a a dealer, paid 600 dollars for a battery and they told me I had a bad fuel pump. Would not install a aftermarket pump. Wanted 1000 for a or pump
Category: Boat
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 2 months ago.

Hello, if you are not getting the two beeps it means the ECU is not acknowledging the DESS key. It really shouldn't let it crank either so it may be a failed ECU. The fact there is no diagnostic output would tend to support this also.