Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1987 15hp outboard that is boging down has no speed

Customer Question

hi, i have a 1987 15hp johnson outboard that is boging down has no speed at all from slow
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: the motor starts great and slow is good then you tray to get on a plane and the motor slows down
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: i tray cleaning carby and new carby kit
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Do you have a model number on the outboard? Is there any kind of history or story you can share with me on this outboard, have you ever personally seen it run correctly?