Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Have a 2015 craft launch 28 n getting error code CM TVM

Customer Question

Hi, have a 2015 Chris craft launch 28 n getting error code CM TVM fault. Critical. Can't find an online error code reference. Hope you can help. Thanks.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Just gave you the problem above
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Do you have joystick controls on the boat?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Ok, the code is for the joystick control. It is telling you that the thrust vector module of the stick is not functioning. There was a fix campaign on these to update the software to correct any false code from going off. You will need to call your closes Mercruiser dealer and have the engine serial number handy so that they can run it through the dealer site and see if this campaign was ever done to your boat. Hopefully getting the latest software will correct the issue with the joystick.