Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a two station nav net system, but upper is better

Customer Question

I have a two station nav net system, but upper is better cause it's a vx2 unit great clarity and detail. What can I replace lower with which is just nav net?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: Can I upgrade lower station with something that will plug into what I have now and be as good as the vx2?
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: I would would like to upgrade without having to change transducer radar etc if possible.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Is your VX2 just a marine radar or is it a fishfinder and chart plotter as well?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Both are radar,fish finder and plotter.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

This unit here comes in several sizes and is on NAvNEt. It should be plug and play into the existing network.

http://www.navnet.com/tzt2/en/