Matthew John
Matthew John, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Marine Technician, Certified in MERCRUISER AND MERCURY OUTBOARDS (Current), EVINRUDE, SUZUKI, YAMAHA, HONDA.
99593677

I was wondering if I would be able to connect my furuno 1835

Customer Question

hi I was wondering if I would be able to connect my furuno 1835 radar to my laptop running tz navigator . using a nmea connection
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: the nmea connection would be threw a usb nmea connection
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?
Customer: no
Category: Boat
Expert:  Matthew John replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** to Just Answer ! I will be assisting you.

"The Furuno network requires lots of bandwidth (especially the Radar Video). While a WIFI connection can reach theoretically 54MBps, the ping time (response time) is often too long and the radar picture might show artifact (vertical lines). We only recommend to connect TIMEZERO and the Furuno Radar using an Ethernet cable."

"TIMEZERO is compatible with any GPS or instruments that output the NMEA 183 format."

http://www.maxsea.com/support/faq

Regards,