Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I am looking for an Engine cover for a 1988 J150TLCC

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for an Engine cover for a 1988 Johnson J150TLCC outboard - can you suggest where to lool?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

My voltage regulator caught on fire and damaged the engine cover

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
8/4/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

H​ello my name is***** got your question. There is one sitting on ebay right now that looks like it's in good shape. Here is a link to it - http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMC-Johnson-Evinrude-1987-1988-150-hp-engine-cover-assembly-0397779-/222592530340?hash=item33d38c77a4:g:XZoAAOSwHb9ZdqMK&vxp=mtr I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Please note that our question sessions never close out, so if you need to come back later down the road with follow up questions to the issue, you can do so at any time, even after putting through a rating.

Thanks in advance, and good luck
Jason

It looks like you read my answer and then logged off without selecting a rating for my service, replying back, or simply thanking me. Was there something else?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The one on EBay is not like my engine cover - mine does not decrease in size at the top and says GT150 on the sides and GT150 V6 on the back.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, don't call.

According to the listing that is the same part number as cover for your outboard, so I dont' know why you are saying it's different. Either the model number you gave me is wrong or the part number in that listing is wrong. Can you take a couple of pictures of your cover so I can see what it actually looks like.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am saying it's different because it is different. I'm at my office and not near my boat so iI can't take a picture right now.