Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have bought a ne CDi for my 75 hp Yamaha (75AET), but

Customer Question

Hi, I have bought a ne CDi for my 75 hp Yamaha (75AET), but there is no place for the pink wire in the new CDI.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I believe my CDI as broken down on my Yamaha 75 hp so I looked in the Technical drawing and got the partsnumber for the CDI. Tha partsnumber are 688-85540-11, but here is where it starts to be difficult. The old CDI has TIA 03-10 written on the backside of the case and the new one has TIA 03-01 written on the backside.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: And in the new one, the pink connector is missing.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Serial number for the motor: Yamaha 75AET###-##-####
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The old CDI
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the new, shall the pink wire go where the pink arrow points?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
To sum things up, the new CDI (TIA 03-01) correspond with the technical drawing. The old CDI (TIA 03-10) does not, so I suspect that the previous owner has installed a faulty CDI.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. What year is the outboard? Who looked up the part number for the CDI unit?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** and it was I who looked up the part number for the CDI. I attached the technical drawing from where I got the part number.
Accordning to the motor tag, the engine should be a 1979 or newer.BR
Nicklas
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

I didn't realize how old this engine was. I don't have any information for it because of it's age. I will opt out and leave your question open to the community.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, that will be fine. Where do I find the forum?BR
Nicklas